Montgomery is a formulation chemist who has worked with Soft Sheen, Manufacturer Stepan, Helene Curtis/Unilever and Blistex, before establishing his own company, PDC Chemicals & Specialties. PDC is a consulting and chemical distributing company. Montgomery has formulated a wide range of health and beauty products including shampoos, conditioners, shine products, lip balms and acne products.
Many of you through your work as cosmetologists have developed ideas for your own products. We have had cosmetologists ask us if we know anything about the process of taking their product to market. Unfortunately, that is not our forte, BUT our friend Charles Montgomery, a Salon Voices featured vendor, has been doing this this for years.
We are thrilled to announce that Montgomery is teaming up with Salon Voices in a three part series to teach you how to “Move Your Hair Product into Mass Marketing & Production.”
Participants who subscribe to three sessions will also get a free 30 minute consultation with Charles Montgomery. But, space is limited, so don’t wait!
Each session will last one hour; 40 minutes of overview and explanation and 20 minutes for questions. The sessions will be on Monday, May 7th, 14th, and 21st from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST.
Monday, May 7, 2012 - 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST.
I. Funding Your Product from Soup to Nuts
- How to Present Your Concept to Secure Funding
- How Much Funding You Need
- Where to get Money…banks, private investors, nonprofits, grants
- The Art of Negotiation
Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST.
II Fulfillment & Production
- How to Select a Fulfillment House
- What’s on the Contract is Never in Granite
- How to go from Small to Mass Batches
- The Number of Those Cute Little Bottles You have to Sell to Pay Back Your Debt
- How much over Production Cost to Charge for Your Product
Monday, May 21, 2012 - 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST.
III. Marketing, Legal & Federal Requirements
- How to Market Your Product
- How to Legally Protect Your Product & Your Investment
- What OSHA, NFPA, EPA, ISO & QS900 have to do with Your Product
- 1 session $75
- 2 sessions $130 ($65 each)
- 3 sessions $180 ($60 each)
Space is limited to 35 participants.
Charles Montgomery, a formulation chemist who worked as a formulator for Suave Shampoo started with Soft Sheen, has also worked with Manufacturers Stepan, Helene Curtis/Unilever and Blistex before establishing his own company, PDC Chemicals & Specialties, a consulting and chemical distributing company. He has formulated shampoos, conditioners skin products, lip balms, acne products and many types of main stream and ethnic products. Charles has two patents and has formulated over 100 products that have been sold to the mass market. Charles’s passion is in helping to create products that fulfill the needs of today’s consumers.